Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Moving On With or Without You!


I have loved you with all my heart and soul. I made you my world and every little thing I do I wanted your approval. I kept silent when you have to criticize almost everything about me; like how I enjoy watching television, my choice of food, the way I held the baby and my personal relationship with others even with my children

I still love you but I have decided to create an emotional wall between us. A wall designed to protect me from how you can hurt me. A wall designed so that I can see the beauty in me as a person and not the bad image that your words created in my mind.

My life revolves around you but now I see the need to create a little space of my own; a place where I can be myself; a place where I can laugh the way I want to and a place where I can do what I really enjoy doing without the fear that it is not to your liking. I have decided that in that place I will highlight my accomplishments in life and not be blinded by how you insist that I see not my accomplishments but rather my shortcomings.

An ideal place I shall create where I can share my life with other people who loves me and who accepts me for who I am as a person. I will radiate in that place without the fear of your disapproving gaze and words. That place shall be mine.

Should you decide that you are violated by the wall I intend to create and the little space I want; where I can be myself.... you are free not to come with me there; but in case you may want to share that place with me; you will be welcome so long as you decide to respect how I want to run it and the people I decided to invite in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment